Search This Blog

Monday, May 16, 2011

The Birth of Brandon Jr.

Brandon Anthony Kissinger was born on October 11, 2006 at 5:10pm. He was 9 lbs. 7oz. and was 19.5 inches long. I was 18 years old.

I was 8 days over due and I was beginning to think that this little man was NOT going to come out. I woke up on October 11th, 2006 at about 5am having to use the bathroom. I noticed a LITTLE bit of pink bloody discharge and I had thought my water broke(LoL). I called St. Luke's Hospital's L&D and they told me to come in. I wasnt feeling any contractions yet, and I knew I wasn't going to be able to eat when I got there, so I decided to stay at home and eat a little breakfast before I went. Banana pancakes were on the menu and maaann did they taste good! As I was eating, I started to feel some cramping. I told Brandon(my husband) "I think we're going to have a baby today".

So after breakfast, we drove to the hospital and while we were waiting. my contractions were getting stronger. The midwives told me to go home because they didn't think I was far enought dialated (3cm) to be admitted to the hospital. But they didnt even check me! So I asked. They realized that I in fact was 3cm and that I would soon be in active labor. Never the less, they told me to go home anyways. That was at about 12 noon.

At home, I got into the bath tub, and my contractions were getting stronger really really fast! Brandon came in the bathroom with a video camera and inbetween a contractions I told him to make sure NOT to get my boobs on camera(haha)! He said he didn't but of course he actually did! He helped me out of the bath tub, I got dressed and we got back into the car again. The car ride SUCKED! Everytime I would have a contraction, It would hurt so bad to sit on my bottom, so I grabbed that "oh shit" handle and pulled myself up so I wouldn't be sitting while I was having a contraction. They felt like period cramps but I also felt pinching inside me as well. That was at about 2pm.

We got to the hospital and they checked to see how dialated I was. I was 6cm! In two hours I had progressed 3cm! I was for sure going to have this baby. In the labor and delivery room, I was so happy to see my favorite 2 midwives that I had seen through-out my pregnancy. During the transition phase(7cm-10cm) I had Brandon running his fingers through my hair, and his mother video taping. Brandon was the best! I couldn't have done it without him. At onw point, he got up and walked away for a quick moment, and my contraction seemed to have hurt more when he wasnt there. I made a vow not to have any pain medication and to have my son naturally. I asked for "The 'E' Word" (Epidural) and the midwives told me I was ALMOST 10cm. "No wonder you want an Epidural!" they said. So I just decided that I could do this without one. And I did. After an hour of pushing, and one TINY tear, Brandon Anthony Kissinger was born. He was immediately put on my chest and began to cry. Brandon said "Oh my God! He's huge! He's like a Sumo baby!". He was able to cut the umbilical cord and he was pretty nervous.

During this whole process, my mother apparently had to have security called and on the Nurse's board, next to my name it said "security". FOR HER! I was so embarassed. I had LOTS of visiors and I appreciated all the gifts I got. It was such an amazing experience and I will never forget it.

No comments:

Post a Comment